Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Delhi
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves moving hair follicles from one part of the body (typically the back or sides of the scalp) to another part where hair growth is needed (such as the front or top of the scalp). Hair transplant is typically used to treat male pattern baldness, but it can also be used to restore hair in other areas such as the eyebrows, beard, and mustache.
The two most common types of hair transplant procedures are:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): This is a traditional hair transplant method that involves removing a strip of skin from the back of the scalp, which is then dissected into individual hair follicles and transplanted into the recipient area. The donor area is then sutured back together, leaving a linear scar.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): This is a newer hair transplant technique that involves removing individual hair follicles directly from the donor area using a small punch-like tool. The hair follicles are then transplanted into the recipient area.
FUT vs FUE
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) are two different techniques used in hair transplantation. Here are some key differences between the two:
- Harvesting Method: FUT involves removing a strip of skin from the donor area, which is then dissected into individual hair follicles for transplantation. In contrast, FUE involves removing individual hair follicles directly from the donor area using a small punch-like tool.
- Scarring: FUT can leave a linear scar at the donor site, while FUE leaves tiny circular scars that are less noticeable. However, the extent of scarring may vary depending on the skill and technique of the surgeon, and Dr Ankit Gupta ensures you have minimal scarring.
- Recovery Time: FUT typically involves a longer recovery time due to the need for sutures to close the donor area. FUE, on the other hand, has a shorter recovery time since there are no sutures involved.
- Number of Grafts: FUT is often recommended for patients who require a larger number of grafts in a single session, as it can harvest a larger amount of hair follicles at once. FUE is better suited for smaller procedures or for patients who require touch-ups to previous procedures.
- Cost: FUE is typically more expensive than FUT due to the time and skill required for the individual follicle extraction.
Both FUT and FUE can produce good results, and the choice of technique will depend on the patient’s individual needs and preferences. At Panache Aesthetics, Dr Ankit Gupta, Senior Plastic Surgeon, provides both methods of Hair Transplant, with amazing results.
Dr Ankit discussing the case, and Patient’s Testimonial
Other Procedures which can combine with Hair Transplant:
2. Injectables, for a quick anti ageing treatment
3. Fat Grafting, to provide lift and fullness to the cheek area. It can also be done to provide eyelid lift.
4. Buccal Fat Pad Removal, for a chiselled look on the face
6. Chemical Peels, for an improved skin texture
7. Medifacials, like Hydra-Medi Facial, and Carbon Facial
Dr Ankit Gupta
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
Dr Ankit Gupta, the founder and owner of Panache Aesthetics, is a senior Plastic Surgeon with many years of experience. He is one of the BestGynecomastia Surgeon in Delhi, with a record number of Happy Patients.