Do I Need Upper Lid Blepharoplasty
What is Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty is the procedure by which we remove any excess skin, musculature or fat from the eyelid.
With normal aging process, the skin and muscle lose their tightness, and tends to sag. You might be noticing some heaviness in your upper eyelids. This heaviness could be due to the
- Eyebrows hanging over,
- Excess and lose skin of upper eyelids,
- A combination of both.
Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty is the process by which we correct both these conditions.
Who is the right candidate for Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
We can treat you with upper lid blepharoplasty in the following scenarios:
- We can remove the extra skin in eyelid surgery. Anyone having extra skin in the upper lid, or extra muscles is the right candidate for this surgery.
- If you have loose skin which is hanging, and giving you an aged look. Sometimes, this might even be blocking your peripheral vision
- If you see bulges on the inner or the outer portion of your upper eyelid. Those can be removed. The inner ones are usually because of the excessive fat protruding out from inside your upper eyelid whereas the outer one is usually because of the prolapse of the lacrimal gland.
- So the another condition in which where you have a lacrimal gland prolapse can be tackled with blepharoplasty.
- If you have Ptosis that is droopy eyelids, they can be corrected with blepharoplasty.
- Many times, people originating from North East, China or the Oriental origin, do not have an eye fold or have a very minimal lid crease. They are lacking what is called as a Double Eyelid. In these circumstances, we can recreate the lid crease, if they want to, and we can give them a better eyelid crease. This surgery is also called as Double Eyelid Surgery or Asian blepharoplasty.
Dr Ankit Gupta
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
Dr Ankit Gupta, the founder and owner of Panache Aesthetics, is a senior Plastic Surgeon with many years of experience. He is one of the Best Eyelid Surgeon in Delhi, and according to Happy Patients, performs the ‘Best Blepharoplasty in Delhi’.